Friday, May 22, 2009

I don’t want to be anything other than me…

Songs often capture the spirit of a generation. In his song Gavin DeGraw captures the concept of being genuine:

“…I’m surrounded by liars everywhere I turn
I’m surrounded by imposters everywhere I turn
I’m surrounded by identity crisis everywhere I turn
Am I the only one who noticed?
I can’t be the only one who’s learned
I don’t want to be
Anything other than what I’ve been trying to be lately
All I have to do
Is think of me and I have peace of mind
I’m tired of looking ’round rooms
Wondering what I’ve got to do
Or who I’m supposed to be
I don’t want to be anything other than me…”

1. Do you think the song is a good representation of the new generation entering the business world?

2. What do you think SHOULD change in order to maximize the intellectual and emotional potential of this generation in business?

3. Same as 2 except I’m wondering what you expect will actually change as a result of the entry of this generation into the workplace?

Thanks for your insights,

Reut

Learn more about the three pillars that make KindExcellence the best organizational platform: the KE organizational culture, the 8 emotional and thinking habits of effective management and the subconscious training process. I’m always happy to share how KE applies to the areas of employee engagement, retention and performances: reut@KindExcellence.com

No comments: